Bracknell (home based)
From c.£13,527-£27,670 per year, per child fostered (based on a child in placement 52 weeks of the year). Allowances are usually tax-free and vary dependent on the age of the child/children fostered and your experience.
Are you considering a new, flexible vocation? If you have a spare room and some experience with children, why not consider fostering and helping change children’s lives?
Bracknell Forest Fostering have several types of fostering opportunities available ranging part-time respite and emergency placements to caring from a young person full-time. You are able to state a preference on age of child or children you foster and you can be in a couple or single.
To be successful you’ll need to be a caring, empathetic and patient person, be committed to developing as a carer and have time to devote to one or more children. Moreover, you’ll need a flexible approach and willingness to undergo an assessment process with checks lasting approximately six months.
In addition, you must:
- have a spare bedroom (unfortunately we cannot support with finding larger accommodation)
- have some experience of caring for, parenting or working with children
- be in good general health
- have good spoken and written English language
- be financially secure enough to be able to bridge gaps in between placements
In return, we offer:
- Up to £475 per week, per child fostered (this is tax-free and does not usually affect other benefits you may be claiming)
- monthly visits from an experienced supervising social worker and guidance from family workers
- 24 hour telephone support
- excellent training and development opportunities
- respite relief/holiday cover when needed
- benefits and discounts for carers including free use of Coral Reef, leisure centres and the Look Out Discovery Centre