The Mawney Foundation School
Mawney Road, Romford, Essex RM7 7HR
Tel: 01708 741612
Executive Head Teacher: Mr Craige Brown
Head teacher: Mrs Chris Knight
Hours: Part time x3 days per week (0.6 FTE)
Grade: Unqualified / Main Scale 2 - 6 / Upper Scale
Start date: Required from September 2021
The Executive Head teacher, Head teacher and Governors wish to appoint an experienced, highly motivated and creative Music Lead to join our enthusiastic and supportive team.
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled music practitioner with leadership qualities, management skills and the drive necessary to deliver a high quality music curriculum across the school, including lessons, assemblies, productions and extra-curricular activities.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a clear vision for developing and promoting music within the school
- Be an outstanding practitioner with experience of working in a similar role or able to demonstrate a strong musical background
- Have a clear understanding of Curriculum design and how to engage pupils in their learning
- Be highly organised, proactive and reflective
- Possess effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills and build excellent professional relationship with colleagues
- Be accountable for leading and motivating others in raising standards for our pupils
- Be willing to organise and lead extra-curricular clubs and activities relating to music.
You will also join us at a very exciting time. We moved into our new state of the art building in November 2017, and are in the process of increasing to 3 form entry.
The school has also been graded as ‘Good’ in our last 3 Ofsted inspections (most recently in Jan 2020).
The Mawney Foundation School is a proactive, supportive, well-resourced primary school, with high expectations of all members of staff and pupils.
We can offer:
- A working environment which is fun and supportive;
- A range of music equipment to facilitate quality teaching, as well as a budget for purchasing any additional resources to enhance this provision.
- Good provision of IT resources within all classrooms (pupil netbooks in every classroom and interactive screens);
- Motivated and well-behaved pupils from a wide range of backgrounds;
- The opportunity to join a highly professional and motivated team;
- Friendly, supportive staff who are committed to collaborative team work.
- Additional management time and relevant CPD training;
- A dedicated PPA room with IT facilities.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent interpersonal skills to enable them to work in partnership with pupils, staff and parents and will manage additional adults within their classroom.
It is essential you have a passion for learning, as well as a willingness to become involved in school and community activities.
Applicants must be committed to inclusion and providing maximum opportunities for all pupils.
This post is not suitable for Newly Qualified Teachers.
If you think that you have the experience, energy, enthusiasm and skills to fit into our continually improving school, applications can be submitted online.
Socially distanced visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the School Office on 01708 741612 to arrange a tour of the school.
Closing Date: 12:00pm on Thursday 20th May 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 26th May 2021
This post is exempt from the provision of the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure.