We are seeking 2 experienced Team Leaders in our Income Maximisation and Welfare and Regulatory Services teams.
Income Maximisation and Welfare (Maternity Cover - Fixed Term)
The post holder will manage a team who are focussed on managing a range of rule based welfare assessments and income recovery as efficiently and effectively as possible, providing a continuously improving and responsive service for customers.
The areas of work are principally Council Tax, Business Rates, Rent Arrears, Leaseholders, Housing Benefits, Housing Benefit Overpayment Recovery and Car Parking Penalties and Permits.
Regulatory Services - Permanent
The post holder will manage a team who are focussed on managing a range of rule based processes as efficiently and effectively as possible, providing a continuously improving and responsive service for customers.
The areas of work are principally Licensing and Environmental Health, Port Health, Parks and Open Spaces and Waste Services.
You will have responsibility for:
- Managing and supporting a team of staff including proactively managing workflow, priorities and performance, conducting one to ones, performance appraisals, attending reviews as appropriate and assisting in the recruitment of staff.
- Supporting, nurturing, training and developing staff to build confidence, skills and knowledge of the services Lewes and Eastbourne Councils provide.
- Proactively designing and developing tools and guidance notes for the area specialism to enable the team to self-serve and widen their knowledge.
- Collaborating with other team leaders and colleagues to resolve issues and identifying and implementing improvements in performance and customer service.
- Efficiently, effectively and consistently processing and resolution of customer case work, identifying and meeting customer needs and ensuring the sharing and dissemination of best practice.
- Personally own the resolution of some complex cases.
You will have proven experience in the day to day deployment of resources and staff, effective communication skills; self-motivated, and be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining good attention to detail.
Interviews: to be confirmed.