LIFE Education Trust
Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex RM1 2RR
Chief Executive Officer: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Tel: 01708 463 866
TRUST ICT TECHNICIAN
Salary: Scale 3.5 – 3.6 (£22,185 - £22,587)
Actual salary £11,008 - £11,208
Hours: Part time, 21.36 hours a week, 3 days a week, 38 weeks a year. 49.62%FTE
Working hours: 8:45am to 4:30pm (hours may vary)
Required September 2021
Then you could be what we need! The LIFE Education Trust seek to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated ICT Technician with excellent Microsoft Server, Windows and organisational skills. Knowledge of VM Ware, SCCM, Windows Office to join our team in a busy working environment, previous experience in a similar role may also be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the Head of IT Services and an ICT Team providing day to day ICT support to students and staff within 3 LIFE schools situated in, and around, Romford.
At LIFE we support 7 schools, in total, across Essex and Havering to deliver excellent pupil outcomes, create vibrant, exciting environments and offer rewarding careers for staff.
Everyone needs to find their purpose. At the LIFE Education Trust our mission is to build great learning communities which unleash creativity and champion optimism, in a spirit of compassion. To accomplish our mission, we use our 3 core beliefs:
- Courageous optimism
- Boundless creativity
- Heartfelt compassion
These beliefs are at the centre of everything we do. We live and breathe them.
What we can offer you:
- A supportive team.
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress.
- The chance to work in a fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds.
- A well experienced, qualified and forward thinking team.
- Opportunities for professional development.
What you can offer us
- An enthusiasm and passion for Excellence.
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues and students and assist staff and students with any IT Support requests.
- Ability to travel between 3 schools within the Romford hub of the Trust, with some flexibility to support all 7 schools within the Trust when needed.
- Ability to support the management of all networks in the Romford hub of the Trust.
- Ability to identify and fix any problems that occur on the network.
- Ability to plan effectively to enable multi-tasking with a need for organisation and efficiency.
- Ability to complete weekly backups, maintain technical documents and respond to helpdesk jobs.
- Ability to install and maintain school ICT equipment, and set up and support AV equipment.
- Ability to successfully work in a team with fantastic communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the Schools.
- A sense of humour!
A full driving licence as well as experience of working with the SIMS database is desirable, full system requirements can be found within the supporting job description found on our website.
Please submit a copy of the Trust’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, CEO by 9am on Monday 10th May 2021.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed promptly.
The Trust reserves the right to interview prior to the deadline date. To find out why we are so proud of the Trust, visit our website: http://www.lifeeducationtrust.com or check us out on twitter @lifeedutrust.
LIFE Education Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.