Salary: £29,577 - £32,234 per annum plus weekend working enhancements for weekend working.
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week (full time)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: High Trees, Ifield, Crawley
Interview Date: TBC (interviews to take place via MS Teams, Skype or equivalent)
As a Team Leader for High Trees, you will lead on key areas such as health and safety, training, and supervision of staff, creating rotas and overseeing medication for children.
In this role you will be expected to play a key part in new referrals to the Home, leading and arranging activities around children's needs and ensuring all children are safe with their emotional, physical, educational, and social needs met. You will motivate children and staff to reach their full potential through positive role modelling, mentoring, planning, and resolving problems and barriers.
In your Team Leader role, you will build positive relationships with key professionals, the child's family, and the child. You will effectively prioritise tasks and manage your time, following local and national policies and procedures. You will respond to safeguarding concerns and comply with health and safety regulations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Social Care journey; if you feel this role is right for you, please find out more below.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to assess, plan and undertake risk assessments for individual children, ensuring the needs of all children are met.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide clear and concise advice and specialist guidance to a range of staff, Children, and other professionals.
- Ability to provide clear professional practice guidance to staff, challenging poor practice and ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Ability to effectively manage the time and priorities of self and others
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and make sound pragmatic decisions.
- Good literacy and IT skills to be able to maintain children's records, write reports, emails, supervision records, etc.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Experience of working within a team, dealing with a diverse range of situations while prioritising the wellbeing of children and achieving set targets.
- Significant level of experience within a position relevant to the residential care of children.
- Sound experience of keyworking, in order to create assessments and plans for individual Children.
- Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent qualification.
- Developing knowledge of a childcare related specialism.
- Experience of working within internal policies and procedures and statutory responsibilities e.g. Children's Homes Regulations 2015 and Social Care Inspection Framework.
Rewards and Benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03103 .
To apply, upload your CV and cover letter explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.