Newham is a diverse borough with a young and vibrant population. There are over 270,190 Adults in the borough, coming from all corners of the world and serves one of the most vibrant and culturally diverse communities in the UK where over 100 different languages are spoken. This makes Newham an exciting and interesting place to work.
Newham Mental Health service provides support to adults and Carers, who may, because of the effects of ill health or disability, need support to live safely and independently.
- The post holder will manage a team of Social Workers in the Complex Care Recovery Team
- The post holder will report to the Team Manager, Recovery Team
- The post holder will supervise Social Workers and additional staff when required or directed
- The post holder has no direct budget responsibility but is required to ensure that council resources are appropriately managed
- The post holder may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays, in order to meet service requirements
- The post holder has specific Health and Safety responsibilities in respect of general working practices and safety in the workplace
- The post holder has specific risk management responsibilities in respect of clinical risk
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Practitioner with some Forensic working experience who is hoping to progress into a senior roles to join the London Borough of Newham Mental Health Services.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and committed individual who can problem solve, prioritise quickly, identify risk and is able to build professional relationships, knows and applies legislation and has the ability sustain a clear performance focus on achieving demanding goals to achieve the best possible outcomes.
The suitable candidate needs to be able to collaborate constructively with internal and external partners to create conditions for successful partnership working.
The successful candidate will be a Registered Social Worker.
Please view Senior Practitioner jd
We are able to offer you excellent personal and development opportunities:
- A supportive team working environment with regular supervision from the Service Manager
- Access to a wide range of formal and informal CPD activities underpinned by a performance appraisal scheme and career progression pathway
- An annual appraisal linking your learning and development needs
- Subsidised leisure passes
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Local Government pension scheme
- Access to smarter working / flexible working
- Latest technology with mobile phones and laptops
For further details / informal discussion, please contact Erica Roberts-Sackey, Team Manager, Recovery Team, email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 16/05/21
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.
The London Borough of Newham is located only 5 miles east of London. It is well positioned with access to all major networks in London and the south east. It is well connected by public transport with, bus, tube and DLR. When the Crossrail service opens it will call at Custom House close to our council offices and also Stratford station and from there to central London. The London City Airport which serves major European cities is located at Royal Albert Dock. Newham has the youngest overall population in the country. It was one of the six host boroughs for the 2012 Summer Olympics and contains most of the Olympic Park including the London Stadium. It has a thriving arts quarter with the both the Theatre Royal Stratford East and Stratford Circus Arts Centre offering excellent entertainment for all the family. There is the University of East London which has two campuses in Newham, one in Stratford and another next to the regenerated Royal Albert Dock. It also has a large Westfield shopping Centre in Stratford which has all the major retailers there.
Newham has a large housing regeneration programme that will build over 1,000 new council homes by 2022.