Up to £41,133pa depending on experience.
At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and support people.
We have an opportunity for a Software Developer within our busy, friendly Software Development team at our Head Office in Hemel Hempstead. We`re looking for someone who has the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
Who we are looking for
We`re looking for someone who:
- has a passion for technology and software development
- understands systems from a technical and non-technical perspective
- enjoys automating processes as much as possible
- takes a creative approach to problem solving
- has a positive attitude
- has good mathematical aptitude
- has good attention to detail
- has excellent communication skills and is able to liaise with colleagues at all levels
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced developer who enjoys a challenge and is looking to work as part of a team as well as alone who can make a real difference by helping others within the organisation.
Depending on your experience and skill level, you will have had an appropriate level of exposure to the following essential areas:
- SQL Server 2012-2016: Very strong T-SQL: Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Triggers etc. Database Design, Debugging, Indexing, Performance Tuning, profile Traces, SQL Agent jobs
- C#: Writing robust, well-architected applications from scratch, documenting and debugging your code, as well as code written by others.
- SSRS: Designing and modifying reports, Troubleshooting, Data-Driven Subscriptions
It would be advantageous if you have any experience in the following desirable areas:
You can expect to work with the following tools & technologies on a daily basis:
- Visual Studio 2019 - C#, SSRS, VSCode, SQL Server Management Studio with Redgate SQL Toolbelt and SSMSBoost, SQL Server 2012-2016, TeamCity
About the role
You`ll be working as part of a busy internal Software Development Team who support the organisation by producing SQL based reports and develop simple-to-use applications working stand-alone and with Microsoft Office products.
You will be expected to
- Use your skills to develop fast, efficient and robust software solutions to use across the Association.
- Fully comment and document your code and produce user manuals as required
- Debug code written by yourself and others
- Contribute to the team efforts of gathering requirements, specifying, designing and planning
- Work closely with internal clients at all levels, at all stages of the development cycle
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WE REQUEST NO CONTACT FROM AGENCIES OR MEDIA SALES
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annual bonuses based on satisfactory performance
- Regular reviews of salary and cost of living to ensure you receive the market salary for the role
- An organisational commitment to employee health and wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary and a workplace pension scheme.
- Ongoing training and support to deliver outstanding support
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the link below.
Please also click below for a copy of the Software Developer job description.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.