Estate Services Operative
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Maintenance team is skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality service we deliver to our residents, aiming to provide a fix first time, every time.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Maintenance team as a Estate Services Operative
The One Housing Maintenance team keeps our customers’ homes safe and secure. Our expertise is a given and our customer focus and approachability make this a maintenance role like no other.
We understand how important a well-maintained, safe, and secure home is for peoples’ well-being.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Estate Services Operative in North London. Your responsibilities will include:
- Vacuuming, Sweeping, Dusting, Mopping, Litter picking and dog waste removal
- Keeping car parks and bin sheds swept and tidy
- Clearance of bulk waste from sites, if not delegated to the bulk waste team
- Reporting of matters from site to management. This can include health and safety concerns and any issues affecting the interior and exterior maintenance of site.
- Maintaining the good relationship of One Housing with their residents and colleagues
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly and positive. The successful candidate will:
- hold a full UK driving licence
- have knowledge of cleaning methods and cleaning tools and product selection
- have experience of powered equipment including hoovers and hand tools
- correctly be able to use PPE
- hold knowledge on risk perception including risk to passers-by during operations
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £22-23,500
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Maintenance team.