Do you have experience of emergency planning within a statutory or public sector environment? Do you have experience of business continuity support and planning? Then this might be the job for you!
This is a unique opportunity to join our dynamic, hardworking and friendly Project and Performance team. This new position will give you the chance to develop and the shape the role using your experience and vision. You will be required to provide support to strategic (‘Gold’) and tactical (‘silver’) groups in the event of an emergency within the borough and support to the Council’s response as it moves into recovery from the to the COVID-19 pandemic. You will also be responsible for working with the Council’s Emergency Planning consultants to ensure the timely delivery of the annual workplan, support the regular update and creation of new emergency plans and ensuring that service business continuity plans are up to date.
About the Person:
- You will have experience of Emergency Planning acquired within a statutory/public sector context - Essential
- You must have experience of providing business continuity support and planning - Essential
- You will have proven experience of collaborative working within a multi-agency environment - Preferable
- You must have experience of providing support to the response to an emergency incident, at either a strategic (‘gold’) or operational (‘silver’) level - Essential
- You will have reviewed and updated emergency and business continuity plans - Essential
- You will be familiar with emergency planning and business continuity best practice and guidance, particularly as this evolves and develops - Essential
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- Educated to degree level in Emergency Planning (or similar/linked subject) or equivalent experience.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 23rd May 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 31st May 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.