Beechwood Primary School
Grasmere Drive, Beechwood, Runcorn. Cheshire WA7 2TT
Headteacher: Mrs SNJ Kidd
1:1 SEMH Classroom Assistant
Are you a qualified level 2 Classroom Assistant motivated to make a difference in children’s lives? Does working with young children with challenging behaviour as a result of social, emotional and mental health needs sound like a career for you? Can you find different and engaging ways to motivate and engage children to ensure that they remain in mainstream education? Then, read on, as we may be able to help you start on a career that you may find rewarding and highly motivating.
Our school is looking for a teaching assistant - with a passion for supporting children with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs - to work under the guidance of the class teacher and SEMH teacher and build positive relationships with a child; with the aim of supporting them to continue access fulltime mainstream lessons.
We are looking for somebody who has the ability to:
- work with children with SEMH needs and the resultant behavioural difficulties, in order to help them overcome the difficulties they are experiencing in their education.
- raise standards of SEMH learners using a range of teaching strategies, in line with the school’s policies and procedures.
- work under the guidance of the class teacher and SEMH Teacher in the planning and implementation of programmes of support for their SEMH concerns.
- support the class teacher and SEMH Teacher to ensure high standards and consistency.
- communicate effectively with staff and parents/carers regarding the learning needs of pupils who have SEMH concerns.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with and effectively supporting challenging pupils – and be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of effective behaviour management.
Beechwood is a happy, thriving school committed to providing the highest quality of education.
Ofsted December 2019:
‘Pupils are happy at Beechwood Primary School. They like the friendly atmosphere at the school. Pupil’s live and breathe the school’s motto of ‘Think for yourself, care for others.’ Teachers are effective in reinforcing this message so that pupils behave well. Staff look after pupils well. The caring ethos and the kind nature of staff ensure that the pupils feel safe.’
Beechwood Primary school is committed to safeguarding all members of the school community and adheres rigorously to Halton’s safeguarding procedures. The applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants wishing to apply for this position should speak to Mrs Steph Kidd, Headteacher.
Closing Date: 04/06/21 9am
Interviews: Week commencing 07/06/21
Starting Date: 01/09/21