Our Assessment team is currently recruiting an experienced social worker to join their team. You’ll be part of a close-knit team, where you’ll be given the time and support to best help children and young people in Medway.
Our offer to you:
- Salary up to £42,428 pa, inclusive of market premia
- £3,000 retention payment, payable after 1 years' service with Medway
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working (including hot desking, and blended working)
- Essential User Allowance up to £1,239 pa with option to transfer to lease car following completion of probationary period
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Exceptional career progression scheme
- For those relocating to the area we offer a relocation allowance of up to £8,000
This is a perfect opportunity for an established social worker to flourish in a local council and we’re keen to develop your skills to the fullest. If you’re ambitious and looking for your next career step, we offer an accessible and supportive pathway into management roles as well as extensive training and development opportunities.
You will hold a degree in Social Work, be registered with Social Work England and have at least two years post qualifying experience.
A driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes is essential.
For an informal discussion please contact Ingrid Crisan, Head of Service for Children’s Social Work Team on 01634 331505.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviewed via Microsoft Teams.
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
For more information on our Children & Adults Social Care jobs please visit: www.medwaysocialcarejobs.co.uk.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.