Brighter Futures for Children
The Lodge Day Nursery, Southcote Children’s Centre, Coronation Square
Full Time, Permanent
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
Brighter Futures for Children is a not-for-profit company, owned by, but independent of, Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working, including; Trauma Informed practice, Restorative approaches, Strong partnership working, Quick and appropriate decision-making.
We currently have a vacancy for a Qualified Early Years Practitioner to join our fabulous team at The Lodge. You will have the privilege of working with the most amazing children and passionate staff across two nurseries in Southcote and Coley.
The Lodge Nursery at Southcote is a 48 place day nursery providing day care and sessional care for 0 to 5 year olds. The Coley Lodge Nursery is a 16 place provision for 2 year old funded children at Coley Park Children’s Centre. Due to expansion, we are looking for a passionate and motivated Level 3 qualified Early Years Practitioners across both sites.
Our practice is underpinned by the value we place on working collaboratively with families with a systemic, holistic whole-family approach to support them in finding their own solutions and building on their strengths. We will always keep the focus on the child and we will make sure we know our children, young people and families well.
- To ensure a full understanding of the nursery safeguarding policies and procedures and to maintain personal responsibility to safeguarding children
- To bring any safeguarding concerns to the attention of the designated safeguarding leads
- To support your line manager in the effective running of a room
- To be a Key Person or Buddy to a group of children and to focus on their unique style of learning
- To ensure that you have an excellent understanding of the EYFS framework and child development
- To use your child development knowledge to ensure that all children are learning, being challenged and making progress from their starting points
- To ensure harmonious relationships between the setting and our families
- To be an advocate for home learning
- Level three Early Years Qualification.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of working with children aged 2-5 years in an early years setting.
- Excellent communication skills (including verbal, written)
Contact details for an informal discussion:
Call Belinda South on 07841271916 or Layla Littlewood on 0118 9373849 or email Belinda.South@brighterfuturesforchildren.org Layla.firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer you:
You will be part of a supportive and hardworking, passionate team. You will be paid above the average market rates for this area with opportunities for professional development and progression for the right candidate. Flexible shift patterns and a generous annual leave allowance are also included. We offer a supportive framework to develop your career. You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the setting prior to making an application.