Brighter Futures for Children
37 hours per week Full-time, Permanent
Brighter Futures for Children is improving outcomes for Reading's children, young people and families.
We are an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children's services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services in the borough.
- We protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading.
- We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy, and successful lives.
- We embrace new and proven ways of working based on a Trauma Informed Approach, Restorative Practice, Therapeutic Thinking and a focus on the Whole Family.
We are currently developing a team within our Early Help service to support vulnerable young people and their families where there are risks and concerns outside as well as within the home. For example those linked to serious youth violence, crime, gang-related activity, community safety, child criminal and sexual exploitation.
The Assistant Team Manager (ATM) has responsibility for the day-to-day operational management of a sub-team of youth work and Key Worker staff, under the guidance of the overall Team Manager (TM).
The ATM will be responsible for the good leadership, supervision and general management of their sub-team as well as the efficient and appropriate escalation of significant incidents.
The ATM will assist the Team Manager in delivering the service outcomes for Children, Young People and their Families.
Please see Job Description for more detail
What we offer:
- We offer a supportive framework to develop your career
- You’ll work in a friendly and collaborative environment where we are committed to delivering positive outcomes.
- We have a strong training and developmental pathway
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare
- On-site outstanding nursery
We offer a range of extras
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local discounts
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Staff Club and social events.
Please do not submit a CV. Include relevant information within the application form including an outline of qualifications gained.
For an informal conversation please call Team Manager Gisella Thomas on 07966865579
Interview date: 14.06.21