PASTORAL AND FAMILY WELFARE OFFICER (22.5 hours per week)
HBC 6: SCP 19-23
Temporary Contract: 01 September 2021 – 31 August 2022
The Governors are seeking to employ a highly motivated and resourceful Family Support Worker who:
- is committed to being an active support for the Catholic ethos of the school;
- is an effective practitioner dedicated to helping ensure the progress of all children through high expectation and overcoming barriers to learning;
- has the ability to nurture and inspire, challenge and motivate pupils while building their self-confidence and self-esteem;
- has the ability to engage parents/carers in positively supporting their children’s education
- has commitment to working effectively in partnership internally and externally;
- is committed to raising standards;
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- has a clear understanding of barriers to learning and ways to overcome them;
- is keen to develop his/her own skills;
- demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding.
We can offer:
- a caring school with a strong Catholic ethos;
- a friendly and very dedicated, hardworking staff;
- an inclusive school with happy, motivated children who enjoy learning and achieving well;
- strong partnerships with the parish, parents/carers, local clusters of schools, the Local Authority and the local community;
- excellent links with partner organisations
- a strong, supportive Governing Body with a clear vision for the future of the school;
- excellent professional development opportunities.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit please telephone Mrs Delaney, Secretary/PA on 0151 424 7887.
Closing Date and Time: Tuesday 15th June 2021
Interviews will take place on: Friday 18th June 2021 - to be confirmed.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.The post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate. Please complete the CES (Catholic Education Service) application form and return to: The Governing Body, c/o Mrs Sadie Delaney, via email to email@example.com