We are currently recruiting a Town Centre Coordinator to join our Regeneration department on a fixed term contract until 31 March 2022.
Main purposes of role are:
- Scope and deliver key initiatives, events and town centre projects to support the vitality and viability of the town centres
- Develop close working relationships and maintain effective communication systems working in partnership with the business community, external partners internal colleagues and councillors to ensure all are kept up to date with changes and developments.
- Undertake the secretariat and executive officer role to support the town centre forums and their associated work plans. Support working groups including Love Chatham.
- Support the management of the Town Centre Management (TCM) and Re-opening High Street Safely Fund (RHSSF) budgets and other projects as they arise. Raise purchase orders and process invoices.
- Deal with town centre enquiries as they arise from key partners in the town centre and monitor the TCM inbox.
- Manage town centre promotional bookings ensuring income targets and monitor planning applications and make requests for S106 developer contribution opportunities.
- Attend the monthly Safety Advisory Group meetings and represent the TCM team
- Provide TCM support for Medway Greeters programme including liaison with key businesses and resolving issues
You will have developed communication, effective partnership, networking and co-ordinating and financial and budgeting skills. You will be able to work alone, plan and organise time, meet targets and deadlines and be self-motivated.
Potential candidates will need to be relatively local and know the area. Homeworking/office/town centre based. Occasional early morning, evening and weekend working.