Marshalls Park Academy
part of South West Essex Community Education Trust
Pettits Lane, Romford, Essex, RM1 4EH
Tel: 01708 724134
Learning Support Assistant
Pay Range: Scale 3 (£18,849 - £19,492)
Position Start: September 2021
Contract Type: 36 hours per week, term time only
Contract Term: Permanent
This post offers an excellent opportunity to work in a strong SEND department in our highly successful academy which holds a good Ofsted status. The core purpose of the role to assist in the support and development of students throughout the Academy. The role may also involve supporting students with SEND needs including intimate care.
Applicants should be hardworking, enthusiastic and have a high level of commitment and ability to focus on fostering the teaching and learning and personal development of Year 7 to 11 students. This is a great opportunity to help pupils gain the academic skills, social skills and knowledge for successful futures. Here, you can benefit from a wealth of experience, training opportunities and a supportive, collaborative spirit.
We are looking for:
- An engaging person with the ability to interest, encourage and motivate children when supporting their learning and development
- An excellent team worker, who can work closely with class teachers and support them with their planning, preparation and assessment activities
- A person with the ability to support individual pupils, groups or whole classes to help them make excellent progress
Why Marshalls Park Academy?
Marshalls Park Academy is an oversubscribed 11-16 school in Romford Essex, judged “Good” by Ofsted in January 2020. We are a successful and vibrant academy at the centre of its local community “pupils are proud to attend this school. They like that the school has a strong sense of community” Ofsted 2020. We are committed to improving the life chances of every single child in the academy by striving to ensure that they reach the highest possible standards.
We are a multi-academy trust who wish to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting, and we welcome all candidates including those embarking on their first stage of their career. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- Competitive salaries
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school
- Becoming part of a growing organisation
- A health and wellbeing package
- A two week October half term.
Please apply online.
Application Close: 14th June 2021 - 12 noon.
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.