Business Change Specialist - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract - Grade 9 - £38,890 - £43,857
We are looking for an experienced full time Business Change Specialist to support our Directorates with their large scale change and transformation programmes.
You will be part of a new directorate leading on a fresh approach to how we work with our stakeholders and customers and how we use best practice to drive present and future programme development. If you want to work within a strong, forward thinking team focused on improving outcomes through change activity you should consider joining us.
The purpose of the role is to drive and manage major complex change at pace whilst increasing efficiency and improved outcomes for Wokingham residents and colleagues, ensuring involvement and engagement with key stakeholders. This role will work collaboratively with the senior leadership team of the Council and stakeholders to deliver the objectives of the Council’s Change Programme.
What you'll be doing and your duties :-
- Working alongside the Senior Business Change Specialists with the Director and their leadership team, to ensure Business Change covers the necessary aspects required to deliver any products, processes or services that will lead to benefits, such as service efficiency and effectiveness/financial efficiencies and improving outcomes for customers
- Solving problems and managing more complex issues, using judgement to make decisions
- Facilitating and driving sessions that support decision making and service planning
- Ability to challenge where appropriate and set outcomes that align to the wider Continuous Improvement Programme
- Working collaboratively alongside Project Managers to take responsibility for the governance of relevant change deliverables and programmes
- To deputise and represent, where appropriate, for the Senior Business Change Specialists
- Using innovation and industry best practice to constantly evolve the way we deliver our Specialism and support team members to grown and reach their full potential
- To support the extended senior management team within Digital & Change with the services strategy and vision for the future
Skills, Knowledge & Experience that we would like to see:-
- A good, practical and up to date understanding of Business Change methodology and approach. Particularly in a Local Government setting would be advantageous.
- Experience of working within a successful Business Change environment with a proven track record of delivery
- An understanding of programme and project management methodology
- Ability to function as a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations, clearly, concisely and compellingly to senior stakeholders and the wider business
- Adaptability, flexibility and able to multi task
- Knowledge of how local government operates
- Good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Business Change Management qualification or experience in a business change environment.
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join an excellent and dynamic team in Digital & Change.
This is a full time role and some evening and/or weekends may be required.
Closing date: 11pm, 21st June 2021
Interview date: likely to be week commencing 28th June 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact: Helen Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.