Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Inclusion Officer to join our team. This is a part time role (14 hours per week) working Thursday and Friday each week (9am - 5pm) and on a six month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be part of the Income Recovery Team, providing a highly professional, customer focussed service to tenants and applicants for Hightown`s rented housing.
The Post Holder will:
- Support tenants to maxmise their incomes; including carrying out benefits checks
- Work with tenants in arrears to make and adhere to repayment plans
- Provide practical support to tenants on a range of issues to help them establish and maintain a tenancy.
- Build positive working relationships with external agencies, such as the Department for Work and Pensions, Citizens Advice Bureau and debt support agencies.
You will have experience of working in a busy office environment and knowledge of welfare benefits, welfare reform and services to support with debt.
You will need to have excellent organisational, time management and communication skills and a commitment to high standards of service to customers.
Car owner and qualified driver with access to own vehicle is a requirement of the role.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service (pro rata for part time staff)
- £13,605 pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.