Job Title: Team Leader Strategic Infrastructure
Location: County Hall, Hertford (with very flexible working arrangements)
Salary Range: £46,845 pa progressing to £49,866 pa (+ £2,000 Market Forces Payment Subject to T&Cs)
Hours: 37 per week
- Working as part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent Career Development
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
- £2,000 welcome payment (to persons joining the County Council)
- Discounts on everyday shopping/holidays/entertainment/leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme
- Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
- Excellent Wellbeing schemes.
What you’ll do
- Managing a team and developing best working practices
- Leading on work to identify, promote and present County Council infrastructure requirements
- Meeting regularly with the Hertfordshire Planning Authorities on strategic infrastructure priorities and maintaining the good working relationships with all of our stakeholders
- Supporting the County Council services in the delivery of infrastructure projects
- Taking a lead role, the creation of funding opportunities for infrastructure projects
- Taking a proactive approach to place shaping and enhancing the County Council’s input on strategic development sites
- Providing a lead role in the oversight of S106 and CIL monitoring and practices.
What you’ll bring
- Leadership qualities
- A professional qualification or equivalent degree
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- A clear ability to manage workloads, deadlines and priorities
- A good understanding of planning for growth and its delivery.
Who we are
This is your chance to be part of the Growth and Infrastructure Unit. A busy and ambitious team that is flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent. You’ll be taking on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging, yet very rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Sarah McLaughlin 01992 588110.
Closing Date: 20 June 2021
Interview Date: w.c. 5 July 2021