Drug and alcohol - Specialist Support Officer
At One Housing, we don’t only believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. We also believe that everyone deserves to realise their full potential and lead a fulfilling life.
Our Mental Health team is vital to helping us deliver on this vision. We work to transform the life experience of people with mental health support needs. The support we provide is delivered in a range of settings (like supported housing, assessment centres and outreach) and our customers’ support needs can include psychosis, forensic and personality disorders.
Join our Mental Health team as a Substance Misuse Specialist Support Officer
We have spent the last 10 years designing our services to be fully psychologically informed. Most of our services have specialist therapeutic input and colleagues have access to specialised mental health training delivered by MH professionals. All our services provide regular reflective practice spaces to our colleagues to formulate complex cases and find constructive ways forward. All these measures make us the ideal partner for NHS trusts across London with whom we deliver several integrated services.
We believe in providing care and support to our clients that will enable them to make informed decisions about their life that will increase their sense of wellbeing: this might be greater independence, better coping strategies or a richer network and sense of self achievement.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Substance Misuse Specialist Support Officer to join us in our Camden based homelessness hostel. Working as part of our close-knit team, you will provide support to our residents, who have a range of complex needs.
• Location: Arlington, NW1
• Salary: £26,268.18 per annum.
• Working hours: 37.5 hours per week. Shift work from 8:00am – 16:00pm and 13:00pm – 21:00pm. Typically Monday-Friday but you will be required to work 1 weekend each month.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Undertake group and 1-1 interventions with clients of a specialist nature.
• Link working between drug agencies and substance services.
• Completing monthly training for the staff team.
• SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support.
• Carrying out assessments to identify and prioritise needs.
• Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence.
• Provide support to customers through a key-worker system.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will have:
• A relevant professional qualification in the area of expertise (i.e. Drug and alcohol, counselling,
• psychology, OT, nursing or social work or any other relevant qualifications).
• Experience providing 1-1 drug and alcohol support to customers.
• Knowledge and experience of using specialist assessment tools, methods and case formulation.
• Knowledge of evidence based specialist interventions.
• Experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working with a clear outcome focus.
• Knowledge about recovery model, peer support and coproduction procedures.
• Experience working in community settings therapeutically, including assessments, designing interventions and demonstrating outcomes.
• Experience running therapeutic groups.
• Must have hands on working experience of providing therapy lead services with a similar clientele.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
• Salary: £26,268.18 per annum
• Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave
• Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
• Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
• Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
• Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
• Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
• We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
• Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
• Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.