Position Title: Assistant Site Keeper
Pay Range: Scale 4 (£22,992 - £24,256 p.a)
Position Start: Immediately
Contract Type: Full-time (36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, Flexible working pattern to be agreed and cover operating hours of school site)
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Close: 13th June 2021
Marshalls Park is an expanding Ofsted ‘Good’ secondary school based in Romford Essex and we are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable Assistant Site Keeper to join our busy Site Services Team who are responsible for the general premises, grounds keeping and caretaking duties. We are looking for someone that has initiative, self-motivation and can operate both independently and as part of a team. Experience of working within a schools site team is not essential but would be beneficial to an application. This role is 36 hours worked across the week with the working pattern to be agreed at interview, this role also requires a degree a flexibility to cover for holidays, absence or at times of increased business need.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in any combination of electrical, plumbing, gardening, carpentry and decoration skills.
- Have caretaking, lettings, facilities management experience, ideally in a school setting or a relatable trade.
- Be hard-working, resilient and able to respond positively to competing demands
- Be an adaptable and confident team player
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- Competitive salaries
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school
- Becoming part of a growing organisation
- A health and wellbeing package
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please Email email@example.com
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.