WHITMORE HIGH SCHOOL
Headteacher: Susan Hammond MA
Headteacher’s PA: Janina Zachopoulos-Butler
Porlock Avenue, Harrow HA2 0AD
Telephone: 020 8864 7688
WHITMORE HIGH SCHOOL
HEAD OF DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY (RMT Specialist)
Are you passionate about teaching and leading Design & Technology in an innovative and forward thinking school? We are looking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Head of D&T in our well-established department. Someone with a real passion for their subject who will lead, develop and manage the effective delivery of an outstanding curriculum which enables all students to reach their potential.
Come and join us at Whitmore High School where we genuinely invest and develop our staff because we believe exceptional teachers transform students’ lives!
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to lead, manage, develop and be accountable for the department and curriculum in KS3, KS4 & KS5
- Deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all of our students with a collaborative approach to teaching and learning
- Be an experienced teacher who is influential and committed to getting the best outcomes for the students in our school
- Be committed to equal opportunities for all and to the safeguarding and welfare of young people
Why work for Whitmore High School?
- State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
- You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
- Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
- Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
- Free annual flu jab
- Free use of the on-site gym
- Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
OFSTED graded the school outstanding in all areas and commented “Students have outstanding attitudes to learning and take a pride in their work”. Our students are happy, well behaved and make excellent progress.
Full details of the post and more information on our school can also be viewed on our website www.whitmore.harrow.sch.uk
Completed application forms must be submitted by the closing date – Tuesday 31st August at 9.00am.
Early applications are encouraged – we may interview candidates as they apply and hence we reserve the right to interview early for this post should a suitable candidate apply.
Whitmore High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all staff are expected to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and pre-employment checks.