Job Title: Customer Delivery Officer L3
Grade/ Salary; Grade 6 £24,982 to £28,672
As a forward thinking local authority, we want every interaction with our residents to be the very best customer experience.
To help us improve our busy and fast paced Customer Delivery team, we are looking for a proactive and focused senior Customer Delivery Officer. The team deal with enquiries from residents, members, colleagues via phone, email, web chat and face to face. We cover Services including Waste, Planning, Disabled Parking Badges, Highways and a wide range of general enquiries into the Council. Our aim is to resolve and take ownership for enquiries at first point of contact wherever possible and support or signpost to relevant information if necessary. The team also take ownership for cases that are more complex and cannot be resolved at first point, working alongside strict deadlines and legislation to achieve successful outcomes.
Our team inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity and desire to serve our communities well.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:-
- Ability to work and multi-task in a reactive environment across multiple disciplines i.e calls, emails, web chats & face to face. This role will be office based with some home working.
- Provide regular training and coaching to colleagues to continually improve the service
- Resolve escalations both over the phone and in writing
- Carry out regular 121 meetings
- Deputise for Customer Delivery Lead when necessary.
- Commitment to equality and the drive to provide services that are accessible, user friendly and customer focused
- Wider thinking in work activities - the ability to listen and extract and assess important information and escalate where necessary
Skills, Attributes & Experience required:-
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Line management and performance management experience
- The ability to work on your own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for your caseload and that of the team
- High level customer service skills and commitment to our Customer Charter
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel and Power Point
- Ability to read and assess documents and statistical data in order to extract and assess important information
- Must have a can-do attitude, trustworthy, dependable and proven track record of delivery
- Must have a desire to improve your skills, knowledge, experience and at the same time strive to continually improve yourself and your colleagues
So, if you are a customer focused professional who is well-organised with excellent communication and IT skills, we would like to hear from you.
For more information about the role please contact; Vicky Hubbard on 07968 720114, please quote Grade 6 role.
Selection for this vacancy will be via the Council’s Competency Framework.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.