Southwark is a large, ambitious and progressive council with a ‘can do’ attitude and enviable reputation. As a Council, we are successful, passionate and forward-thinking. We are committed to our ‘Fairer Futures for All’ promise which ensures that our residents and businesses are central to everything we do. If you want to make a difference at a local level, apply to Southwark Council today.
The purpose of the role is to support the effective course management of the various Learning and Development programmes across the council. The post holder will contribute to providing administrative duties for our Learning and Development projects and business engagement to support transformation, staff development and workforce plans.
We’re a friendly team committed to providing learning and development services to 4,500 staff; we have a central role in helping staff gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours to be motivated and productive at work. It is our job to get the best out of the workforce and support them to develop their skills. We will help you achieve your goals by providing support and encouragement to gain the Level 3 Learning and Development Business Administrator accreditation over the 18 months of your fixed term apprenticeship.
We are looking for a committed person to join our Learning and Development team. The applicant must have the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- 5 GCSEs at grades A – C / 9 – 4 including Maths and English [or equivalent]
- Experience in dealing with the public or service users and internal customers, providing a high level of customer service
- An understanding of the learning and development function and its role in an organisation
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines and targets
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly within a busy team and office environment
- Experienced with the use of popular business computer packages and applications in the workplace, knowledge of IT systems and the importance of accurate and timely data collection and analysis
Benefits and more information:
Please note this role is being offered on a fixed term contract basis for a duration of 2 Years.
Closing date: 1 July 2021.
Interviews: 13 July 2021.
To apply please click the link below.