Job Title: Area Manager - Reuse (Senior Second-Hand Sales Manager)
Location: Harpenden (with travel between Ware and Watford)
Salary Range: £24,955 pa progressing to £29,994 pa
Hours: 40hrs per week - 5 day working week pattern including all weekends and bank holidays (except Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
Do you care about the environment and would like to use your managerial skills and ambition to make a difference?
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic person. A self-starter who is proactive, uses their own initiative, can identify opportunities and deliver results. Our reuse centres sell items that would otherwise have been thrown away at the recycling centres.
As the senior manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of one of the reuse centres and overseeing the operation of all of the councils reuse centres. Including line management of staff and the successful implementation of initiatives. You will also be required to identify new opportunities and initiatives designed to generate income and improve community engagement in reuse.
What will the role include?
- Leading by example, you will be responsible for line manging all reuse centre staff. Including setting objectives, undertaking appraisals, providing training, monitoring the running of the centres and resolving customer complaints
- Monitoring and providing written updates on the financial performance and expenditure of all centres. Understanding trends, forecasting sales and monitoring industry activity to identify new opportunities for the reuse centre service
- Continuously looking to improve customer service and increase sales. Working proactively with the reuse service team to facilitate continued improvement of the reuse service and successful implantation of the Waste Management Teams’ Prevention Agenda initiatives which including working with the local community, online sales and the coordination and delivery of commercial sales
- Contribute to the development of proposals and outline businesses cases
- Actively promoting the centre through displays, promotion, social media and other communication initiatives.
What would we like to see from the Senior Reuse Manager?
- Prior experience of successfully working in a retail sales environment is required and an understanding of the commercial value of the reuse sector and saleable value of second-hand items would be advantageous
- An ability to successfully multitask and manage competing/changing priorities, under pressure is necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to communicate clearly and politely with customers and members of the team
- Numerically and computer (Excel and Word) literate. With a proven ability to manage money, accurately record sales and be trustworthy.
Business mileage paid when personal car used for work
For an informal discussion please contact James Holt 01992 556318 (available from 7 June).
Closing Date: 13 June 2021
Interview Date: 24 & 25 June 2021