An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated Developer to join the IT Services department at the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead.
Your principal role will be to provide design and development skills for both in-house and integrations with third party software providers ensuring solutions are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the council, reflect the council’s IT strategy and are secure, reliable and meet guidance from central government.
You should be experienced with:
- SQL (PostgreSQL, MS-SQL and Oracle).
- REST API development.
- GIT / SVN version control.
- Web server technologies inc. Apache, IIS and Tomcat.
- Secure software development best practice (ISO/IEC 27034).
Within this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and supporting in-house corporate applications where third-party solutions are not available.
- Support for the council’s website based on Drupal open-source technologies.
- Integrating corporate systems so that the data can provide used efficiently to deliver council services.
- Deliver and support the full life cycle of applications and data interfaces to agreed functional specifications using the most appropriate software development tools, so that applications are easy to maintain and develop, and capable of further integration.
- In-depth understanding of software applications needed to deliver internet and GIS related business applications.
We are looking for candidates with strong technical and service competence with extensive experience of working within an IT department.
Candidates should be aware the role requires the successful candidate to pass an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To discuss this role further, please contact Simon Arthur, IT Strategic Lead, by email email@example.com
Closing date: 20 June 2021
Interviews: 1 July 2021