There has never been a more exciting and challenging time to work for Waltham Forest Council and with its diverse community and partners to make an impact on the future of the borough. The Covid 19 pandemic and its impact has made us all review the ways we live and work, embracing technology and becoming more flexible, diverse and sustainable. In response to the pandemic, the Council’s emerging Public Service Corporate Strategy focuses on these immediate priorities:
- Connecting people with jobs
- Safe and healthy lives
- Our 15-minute neighbourhood
- Confidence in our future
This roles will support our Employment Business and Skills services and emerging plans for Business and Jobs Recovery.
Waltham Forest Employment, Business and Skills directorate is the local authority’s direct provider of opportunities for work, apprenticeships and adult education. We are looking to appoint an experienced, skilled, dynamic, enthusiastic and committed individual to manage our outreach and engagement platforms both virtual and physical.
The post will be responsible for the practical implementation of the service’s marketing and communications strategy. Duties will include producing and presenting high quality written and verbal reports for various audiences (including use of customer data and insight to inform the marketing and communication plan), web content management, social media, marketing events and coordinate on design and print.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience needed
- Maintain and update website and social media platforms
- Produce and maintain marketing and communication plan.
- Monitoring of the service’s e-mail enquiry account
- Liaise and coordinate the design and production of promotional items required.
- Advertise and promote employment opportunities, courses, training, and apprenticeships
- Production of banners, leaflets, flyers and posters
- Monitoring and logging of customer complaints
Closing Date is: 21st June 2021
Interviews to be held: Week beginning 28th July 2021
For an application form and further details please visit our website at www.walthamforest.gov.uk/jobs