The Governing Board of The Brow Community Primary School would like to invite applications from experienced support staff to join the staff of our friendly, hardworking school as Maternity Cover.
We are looking to appoint a skilled practitioner with high expectations and a commitment to obtain the highest standards of pupil achievement, engagement and behaviour. The successful candidate will have experience of working with children across the primary age range, and with children with a range of complex special education needs. Experience of supporting children with speech, language and communication needs, ASC and SEMH is highly desirable, along with the skills needed to deliver interventions in small groups or 1:1. We are looking for a teaching assistant who is able to demonstrate a calm, positive, nurturing approach which inspires children to learn and achieve.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a child-centred, nurturing approach, and the ability to maintain clear and consistent boundaries.
We can offer you:
● A happy, hardworking school community with a commitment to raising standards and enabling children to learn in a safe and welcoming environment.
● Ongoing professional development opportunities and excellent links with Local Authority representatives and external agencies.
● A friendly, experienced and committed team.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
● Commitment to inclusive learning
● An understanding of SEND including speech and language, ASC and SEMH as we currently have 49% SEN across school.
● Excellent subject knowledge across EYFS & KS1/2 curriculum
● A commitment to establishing high expectations of achievement and behaviour for all children
● Excellent classroom practice
● Professionalism and integrity
● Excellent inter personal, communication and organisation skills in order to work as a part of a team
● The desire to work in accordance with the school’s mission statement and development priorities
● A reflective approach and commitment to professional development
● A clear understanding of nurture principles and the importance of developing the physical and emotional well-being of all children
● Experience of delivering a range of interventions.
The Brow Community Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment.