Do you have a passion for creating inspiring and appetising menus? Are you someone who likes to support an important service to the community and would like to work with a team of energetic, dedicated staff? Then read on!
This is a great opportunity to join our dedicated, hardworking and committed Harlequin family to provide tasty, healthy, varied and appealing meals and refreshments in the lovely surroundings of the Harlequin Theatre & Cinema.
You will be working with the Food and Beverage Manager to deliver the agreed high quality menu, prepare and serve meals, snacks and beverages, make cakes and snacks as required and to prepare food for special events (e.g. meetings, centre events, private hire events). You will also ensure strict rotation of food supplies to ensure the Harlequin is always fully stocked, maintain and clean the kitchen area and equipment, keep up to date with all mandatory training, including Food Hygiene Level 2 and Health and Safety and Manual Handling and undertake all duties in compliance with Safer Food, Better Business food safety procedures. (Training will be provided if necessary).
About the Person:
- You should be an experienced cook with a background of working professionally or in a commercial kitchen.
- You will have experience of implementing food hygiene and maintaining high standards and records in a busy kitchen.
- You should have experience of health and safety matters, including COSHH.
- You will have experience of stock ordering and rotation.
- You should have experience of managing to a budget and budget monitoring.
- You are able to commit to working evenings and weekends when required.
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a wider team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
- First Aid qualification (preferred)
- Food hygiene qualification to level 2 or higher
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 27 June 2021 @ 23:59
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.