Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
As an Assistant Contract & Supplier Relationship Manager, you will assist the Contract & Supplier Relationship Manager in managing contracts and relationships across a designated portfolio of social care providers in order to deliver value for money and outcomes for service users.
You will support the development and implementation of contract management strategies for the designated portfolio that optimises performance of contracts in terms of cost, quality, delivery and responsiveness.
Working collaboratively with colleagues within the Council and externally, you will provide support and guidance to stakeholders regarding any contractual matters and ensure best practice is achieved when implementing new ways of working.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Assistant Contract Manager who also has a passion to make a real difference.
You will be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of procurement, contract and supplier relationship management processes within Social Care including, but not limited to:
- Sourcing and Supplier Appraisal
- Award of Contracts
- Spend analysis
- Benchmarking techniques
- Contract implementation
Please see the attached job profile for more information.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses