Located in Stratford, London Juniper provides Health and Safety Consultancy, Catering and Cleaning Services mostly within the Education and Public Sector.
In January 2021 we launched a new arm of our business providing Health and Safety consultancy services, this has grown quickly with us now providing services to over 50 schools in East London as well as ensuring that Juniper’s internal Health and Safety policies are in place and working towards ISO accreditation which we hope to achieve before the end of the year. Therefore, we now have the opportunity to expand the Health and Safety Team and have an exciting new role available.
We are looking for a self-motivated, qualified Health and Safety professional who is able to hit the ground running to join our Health and Safety Team.
Reporting into the Head of Health and Safety, the Health and Safety Advisor will be an essential member of the team dealing with clients who have purchased our Health and Safety Consultancy Service. This will be a varied role which will change and develop as this new arm of the business grows.
You must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and have some experience of ISO standards. It is essential that you can work to regular and conflicting deadlines, and have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to build relationships with our customers.
- Contribute to an effective framework of up to date policy and guidance
- Conducting audits and reviews to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety legislation and best practice
- Identifying areas of non/ partial health and safety compliance, providing support with implementation
- Assisting the Head of Health and Safety in the development of policies and guidance to staff on health and safety issues.
- Supporting the development of regular communication across the organisation on all health and safety related matters
- Providing advice and support to the business on health and safety to ensure colleagues meet their responsibilities within accordance with policy and legislative requirements.
- Monitoring the incident reporting system providing regular formal updates to the various Health and Safety Committees on trends and proposed actions to be taken.
- Undertaking investigations of all RIDDORs
- Undertaking a planned inspection regime of Juniper’s remote sites to ensure the risks are being effectively managed in accordance with good practice and legislation.
- Completing and advising operational teams on ISO audits, inspections and reviews of processes, non-conformities, record keeping and action plans relating to corrective actions.
- Managing software data and table top audits as well as on site audits.
- Providing training in the use of Health & Safety software and ongoing support
- Providing advice, guidance and support to Juniper’s operational teams as well as Schools who we provide consultancy services too.
- Contribute to the development of a Health and Safety improvement
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and best practice as well as providing updates on changes in legislation.
- Assisting in the design and approval of a health and safety training plan
- Producing formal documented reports on health and safety
- To provide administrative support in relation to health and safety.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Literate / numerate to Level 2 as a minimum (Essential)
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (Essential)
- CMIOSH accredited (Essential)
- ISO Lead Auditor accredited or working towards (Desirable)
What we offer:
- Salary of £37,783
- Access to a Local Government Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday ( plus 8 bank holidays)
- Flexible Working
- Interest free season ticket loan
This post will be offered subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
If you feel up to this exciting new challenge then we look forward to receiving your application. For an informal conversation about the post please call Stuart Mcgregor on 07904 041 672.