Deputy Safeguarding Lead
(fixed term for 1 year to cover a Sabbatical)
35 Hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 10 days to be worked during School Closure periods. Working 8.00am-4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Actual salary: PO2, pts 30-33, £32,680 to £35,218 per annum
Required: from 1 September 2021 - 31 August 2022 inc
The Governors invite applications from individuals:
- To support a positive Catholic ethos, which recognises the dignity of the individual and is reflected in the day-to-day life of the school
- To support the Assistant Head i/c Safeguarding and SEND in:
- Leading on all Safeguarding matters across the school
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all young people at La Retraite RC Girls’ School
- Ensuring that the school has effective procedures for identifying student need and for supporting that need
- Reporting to other bodies, internally and externally, on a regular basis about individual students and the whole of Safeguarding at La Retraite
- Leading the work of other staff in the Safeguarding team
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 21st June 2021
Interviews will be held before the beginning of July 2021. Please note that interviews may occur before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close the advert earlier.
La Retraite Roman Catholic Girls’ School is an ambitious, collaborative, diverse and dynamic school where innovative teaching and learning is the norm and every staff member’s talents and aspirations are recognised, developed and rewarded.
Central to our offer is a community and environment that nurtures, challenges and supports which fosters the expertise of our staff and allows us to offer a broad and innovative curriculum to inspire learning at every level.
La Retraite is underpinned by the commitment of our staff. By joining our team, you join a team of dedicated, like-minded, passionate colleagues in a welcoming staff body and our Catholic ethos welcomes students and staff of all faiths and none. If you believe you can add to our outstanding team, we hope to hear from you.
Investing in you
- Endless opportunities for CPD
- Cross-curricular working parties to develop teaching and learning and share best practice
- Detailed induction programme for NQTs and new staff
- Inner London weighting
- Free onsite parking (dependant on availability)
- Dedicated wellbeing programme
- Healthcare scheme
- Two week Autumn term half-term holiday
- Cycle-to-Work scheme and childcare vouchers
To organise an informal visit please contact Ms Clarke, HR Manager on 020 8673 5644 extension 159.
La Retraite RC Girls’ School is committed to Safer Recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check