Salary: SO2 £32,418 - £34,209
Contract Type: Permanent
Enfield is looking for a highly skilled individual to be a member of our Education Welfare Team. The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team working with schools, young people, families and other agencies to identify barriers to good attendance and cause of persistent absence. With experience of working as an Education Welfare Officer or similar role, the successful candidate will work with a dedicated group of Officers who are responsible for promoting equality of opportunity for all children to enable access to appropriate educational entitlement.
The post holder will work closely with schools and must have a good understanding of the education system, especially in relation to school attendance. You will be required to work with key personnel in schools and other agencies and also carry out home visits where necessary, requiring the ability to travel across the Borough. Applicants will need to be adaptable, creative and flexible and have the ability to work with minimum supervision. The role can be challenging and demanding and requires good supervisory and organisational skills. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team is essential.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax free bikes for work
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Interview date: TBA
Closing date: 11:59 on the 24th June 2021
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Sharon Clarke on 020 8132 2713 for an informal discussion.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Farida Uddin on 0208 132 1027 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
The advertised salary is for full time work. the positions offered are part time and term time, This role is 36 hours per week for 38 weeks per year and the salary will be adjusted proportionately