Scargill Junior School
Part of Hornchurch Academy Trust
Mungo Park Road
Tel: 01708 555677
2 SEN Teaching Assistants
Hours: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Grade: Scale 2 point 4
Salary: Pro Rata Actual Salary: £15,570 p.a. (based on £21,795 full time equivalent)
Contract: Fixed Term - linked to individual SEN child
To Start: 1st September 2021
Scargill Junior School is seeking to appoint two enthusiastic and talented TAs to join our friendly and vibrant school. You will join a strong and supportive team of staff within an Academy that is committed to providing a positive, safe and stimulating learning environment for our pupils and staff.
Scargill Junior School is part of Hornchurch Academy Trust and offers excellent opportunities for training, support, career development and sharing best practice amongst its five schools.
We are looking for two Temporary Teaching Assistants to work 5 days a week, Monday to Friday from 8.15am – 3.15pm with a one-hour lunch break.
You will primarily be carrying out the role of supporting teaching and learning within the classroom with an individual SEN child. The position may also include setting up and resourcing the work for other SEN children/small groups.
There will also be a requirement to support and run a school-wide SEN intervention programme. We welcome applications from candidates with suitable experience.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good Maths and English skills.
- Experience, knowledge and expertise of working with children with a wide range of abilities and needs.
- A diverse set of skills to enable you to be flexible in supporting or leading teaching and learning in and outside the classroom.
- Secure knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with pupils with Complex Learning Needs.
- An interest, motivation and passion for working with special needs children and developing skills to facilitate this.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within this.
- An understanding of how to work creatively and strategically.
- Passion about teaching and learning, and striving for the best outcomes for ALL children.
- An innovative and reflective mind-set and someone who is keen to learn.
- A positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A good sense of humour.
Visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school for an appointment.
If you believe you are the right candidate, please get in touch with us – we would love to hear from you!
Please apply online.
Closing date: Friday 25th June 2021
Interviews will be held week beginning 28th June 2021.
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Hornchurch Academy Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interviews may be via video conferencing if appropriate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Hornchurch Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.