Required for 1st September 2021
Temporary until 31st August 2022 in the first instance
Situated in the heart of East Ham Plashet is an outstanding comprehensive 11 - 16 girls’ school of 1,470 students. Our Progress 8 score for 2019 was +0.66 and places us in the top 5% of schools nationally. We are looking to appoint an ambitious and highly motivated Teacher of Maths or Maths and Computer Science with a real passion for teaching and learning. We welcome applications from NQTs. The successful candidate will be able to promote their love number, abstract language, computational thinking and enable Plashet girls to develop that passion too.
- A high achieving, over-subscribed girl’s school producing excellent rates of student progression and examination results.
- An outstanding and highly inclusive learning environment rated thus by Ofsted since 1999.
- A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to, learning as our students.
- An outstanding NQT and RQT induction and staff development programme.
- A professional environment that is focused on maintaining staff wellbeing supported by manageable teaching contact time, meeting cycles and assessment, recording and reporting expectations.
You will need:
- Excellent subject knowledge and skills, the ability to teach GCSE with particular emphasis on academic stretch and challenge.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- An unerring commitment to comprehensive education.
- The drive to improve your teaching.
Plashet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
We want to reassure applicants that effective measures will be implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing are protected during the recruitment process.
For further details and application documents please go to our website or alternatively contact Noreen Malik, HR Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 09.00 Friday 18th June 2021.
Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 22nd June.