Job Title: Gardener
Salary: £34,884 - £37,722 pro rata per annum Grade: PO2
Hours per Week: 21.6 hours per week
Nature of Employment: Fixed-term Contract – 10 months from start date.
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In Hounslow we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
This role sits within the Heritage and Arts team. While this role relates specifically to the National Lottery Heritage Fund funded Mulberry Garden project at Hogarth’s House the team have responsibilities which include the other Borough managed historic house, Boston Manor House as well as a range of involvement in heritage and arts provision across the borough and its cultural provisions.
- To oversee the management of the garden and ongoing maintenance and development
- Supervise the gardening work of on activities such as: propagation of seedlings, planting of borders and other features, and developing a programme of seasonal maintenance of garden including revolving planting
- Oversee delivery for the garden including revolving planting, tree management and inspection and winter preparation. Be responsible for standards in the garden and deliver and manage the Management and Maintenance Plan
- Ensure that the garden engagement plans are integrated with seasonal maintenance needs.
- Managing the maintenance of Gardens and landscapes
- Ability to think creatively and convert ideas to create imaginative and innovative activities and experiences
- Ability to engage with diverse audiences across a wide ability and age ranges
- Ability to direct the work of volunteer staff in the garden.
Essential for The Role
- Gardening qualification at NVQ level 3 (e.g. City and Guilds Level 3, RHS Level 3 Qualification) or relevant experience.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8583 5972
Interviews will be held during week commencing 26 July 2021
To apply please visit the link below
Closing date: 16th July 2021