Child & Adolescent Psychological Therapist
CAMHS PC2 Spine points 37 – 40 (£42,855 - £45,834 pro rated)
The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro-rata basis the part time salary is £21,427.50 to £22,917
Contract Type: Permanent/Part Time 18 hours per week
Child and adolescent Psychological Therapist for Looked After Children and their Foster Carers. CAMHSPC1 to PC2 depending on experience
We are seeking to recruit a 0.5 psychological therapist to join the specialist CAMHS team working with looked after children. This team forms part of the HEART service, a multi-agency service which supports the health and educational outcomes for looked after children. The post holder will develop and deliver the InStep scheme, which provides therapeutic support to foster carers with the aim of maintaining placement stability.
Foster carers are looking after children with increasingly complex needs, many of whom will have suffered significant pre care trauma. The InStep programme has been very successful in helping carers to understand and respond to the challenges the children can present and in preventing placement breakdown.
In addition to delivering the InStep interventions, the post holder will also have the opportunity to provide direct therapy to a small caseload of individual looked after children and support the group supervision of a social work team.
The HEART Service is based in Enfield and benefits from being co-located. Charles Babbage House is a fun, friendly and supportive place to work, staff have high aspirations for looked after children and care leavers and feel proud to provide services of a high quality.
The successful applicant will be a qualified, professionally registered, psychological therapist with a professional background in clinical psychology, child psychotherapy or systemic psychotherapy. Previous experience in an NHS setting would be an advantage.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax free bikes for work
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 Thursday 8th July 2021
Interview Date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Suzanne Rowson on 0795 744 9239 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.