We are seeking to appoint a full-time supervising social worker for this busy, friendly fostering team based at Charles Babbage House in Carterhatch Lane, Enfield. The successful applicant will be a part of the support and development team and will hold a mixed caseload of foster carers, family and friends carers and temporary approvals. The team benefits from being co-located with other services for looked after children including special guardianship, leaving care and corporate parenting. There is also the opportunity to work flexibly combining working from home with being office-based as part of the Council’s new ways of working for the future.
Enfield has over 300 looked after children and our aim is to care for as many of them as possible within our in-house foster placements. Enfield also encourages our young people to ‘stay put’ beyond the age of 18. Enfield’s Fostering Service works in partnership with KRATOS (our Children in Care Council) to ensure that our service is continuously improving. We are also part of the North London Fostering Consortium working in partnership with five other boroughs on a number of initiatives.
If you are a qualified and registered social worker, passionate about supporting foster carers and meeting the needs of our looked after children, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 1st July 2021
Interview date: TBC
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 020 8132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Siew Tan on 020 8132 2737 Siew.Tan@enfield.gov.uk or Ayshia Ahmed on 0208 132 1769 in the Fostering Team for an informal discussion.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.