We are seeking to appoint a full-time social worker for this busy, friendly special guardianship team based at Charles Babbage House in Carterhatch Lane, Enfield. The team benefits from being co-located with other services for looked after children. There is also the opportunity to work flexibly combining working from home with being office-based as part of the Council’s new ways of working for the future.
The successful candidate will need to have the skills to undertake special guardianship assessments of a high standard, hold a manageable caseload and take part in the team duty system.
Enfield’s Looked After Children’s Service has good partnerships with its CAMHS and Virtual School Service who are crucial in providing services to meet the needs of our most vulnerable children and young people. We pride ourselves in working together to ensure the needs of our children and special guardians are met to a high standard before and after a Special Guardianship Order is made.
Enfield’s Children’s Services has excellent training opportunities for staff across all teams with additional training offered to staff in the SG Team via the North London Consortium.
Enfield’s Children’s Services has maintained its ‘Good’ Ofsted rating contributed by the excellent work carried out in the SG Team, so come and be a part of its ongoing successful achievements for our Looked After Children.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date midnight 8th July 2021
Interview date: TBA
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 020 8132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org . A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Morris Linton Special Guardianship Team Manager on 0208 132 2496 / 07908 670628 or by email at Morris.Linton@enfield.gov.uk
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.