A position has arisen for a Finance Officer to join the Accountancy Team to play an important role in the finance function at Bracknell Forest Council.
As a team we are confident we will be able to further build on past success, delivering continued improvement and adapt to the new ways of working that we have all faced over this last year.
Bracknell Forest has built a reputation for sound financial management and high-quality financial reporting, earned due to consistently strong performance since the council was created in 1998.
Like all organisations, we are now facing some major challenges, in particular increasing demand for our services at a time of financial constraints. To help us meet these challenges we are continuously developing new ways of working and are seeking an individual who is dynamic and enthusiastic and can offer suggestions towards further improving the professional service we provide.
If you are flexible, an effective communicator and a strong team player we would be interested in hearing from you.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
You will be working collaboratively within a team of experienced professionals who will provide the support you need to develop in this role.
This last year has been challenging, however, through investment in IT and a flexible approach to working styles finance have coped admirably and taken opportunities to adapt and improve processes.
Whilst we hope to return to the Council’s offices in the near future, we have found different ways of maintaining morale and motivation through remote working.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- The preparation of timely and accurate information to enable accurate recording and monitoring of expenditure and income and to assist in the effective control of the Council’s financial affairs
- Investigate general financial queries (including supporting the year-end closure and audit requests) and assist in maintaining manual and computerised records.
- Process School Imprests, providing guidance and support to bursars to reconcile these accounts
- Working with services to transfer and post income from balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Assist in the preparation of government returns, statistics and other financial information
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment, coupled with the ability to regularly work from home.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Local Government Pension scheme based on Career Average earnings
What we're looking for...
The successful candidate will be a team player with good organisational skills, excellent communication and ICT skills and experience with a range of functionalities on Microsoft excel.
Interview date: 09th August 2021
Want to ask a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role please contact:
Directorate Support Manager