An experienced Careers Adviser is required to take on the joint role of Careers Co-ordinator and Adviser in a Waltham Forest secondary school for September 2021 start.
Working with the school Careers Lead you will:
- Administer the work experience programme
- Keep careers information up to date
- Organise internal activities e.g. a careers fair, mock interview day.
- Run Compass evaluation & planning tool every term to monitor progress in meeting the Gatsby Benchmarks
- Liaise with education providers, employers & LEAN East Enterprise Adviser
- Support the Careers Lead to plan the careers programme
- Provide personal careers guidance face to face, virtually, and via small group sessions.
The position is for 4 days/28 hours a week, a total of 37 weeks, term-time only. This is likely to be an on-going contract.
Applicants must hold one of the qualifications listed on the role profile.
Employee benefits include access to the local government pension scheme, employee assistance programme, & discounted rates with local & national suppliers
Appointments are subject to LBWF receiving an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service that they consider acceptable.
Bursting with culture, energy and opportunity, Waltham Forest is a place people want to live, raise a family and start a business. It’s also a fantastic place to work as we provide key services and deliver exciting programmes that improve the lives of our residents including the Mayor of London’s first-ever Borough of Culture. Waltham Forest was the MJ Local Authority of the Year 2019 so expect high standards.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice