This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the Financial Management Division within Halton Borough Council and lead on the Integration of Care Agenda with Health.
Reporting to the Principal Finance Officer for the People’s Directorate, the main duties of the role will be to lead on reporting, monitoring and accounting for a substantial pooled budget arrangement, liaising and working with Halton Clinical Commissioning Group colleagues and other external partners to ensure proper accounting and budget arrangements are in place. Other key responsibilities include:
- Lead a small team in all aspects of accounting for a pool budget with Health.
- To assist divisional and service colleagues in understanding the financial impact of Adult Social Care legislative changes
- Undertake financial appraisal of service development options and where appropriate feed the implications into the revenue budget process.
- Contribution and advice on a wide range of technical accounting issues relating to both Adult Social Care and Corporate areas.
- To ensure appropriate budgetary control and monitoring systems are in place in accordance with the Councils financial regulations.
- To advise and provide training to all Budget Managers on all aspects of revenue and capital accounting.
- Provide input and identify efficiencies in the integration and maintenance of all software packages utilised by Financial management Division
The successful candidate will have sufficient, recent experience of working in a local government or health finance environment. It is desirable however not essential to be part CCAB/CIMA qualified. Ideally, you will have management experience to assist in leading a team, with the skills and ideas to take a proactive role in identifying efficiencies and new ways of working. The successful candidate will have excellent presentational and communication skills, will have confidence in dealing with officers of all grades both internal and external to the Council and be both creative and innovative in the performance of their duties.
We are seeking an ambitious and hardworking Senior Finance Officer (SFO) with strong knowledge of Adult Social Care finances, to join the Division and help make a positive impact on the delivery of financial services. Experience of working in a local government or health finance environment is essential and candidates should be confident and capable of working with minimal supervision to achieve tight deadlines.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Mandy Walsh (Principal Finance Officer – Financial Management) on 0151 511 8828.
Interviews will be held on 1st & 2nd September 2021 in line with government guidelines.