Family Safeguarding, Keeping Families Together!
An exciting opportunity to join the Family Safeguarding Team, working within a pioneering practice model, encompassing more time with children and families.
- Results from this practice model have seen reduction in children entering care, child protection plans and promotes lasting change.
- Monthly Group & Individual Supervision.
- Working alongside Substance Misuse, Mental Health and Domestic Abuse workers as a multi-disciplinary team.
- Training in motivational interviewing.
- Good quality laptop, phone and access to remote working.
In 2017 Bracknell Forest in partnership with the DfE and Innovation Project implemented the Family Safeguarding Model, developed by Hertfordshire Council in 2014. This involves social workers working alongside adult workers, including domestic abuse, substance misuse and mental health professionals who are co-located amongst the service. The implementation of Motivational Interviewing, Parenting Programmes, summary recording and Group Case Supervision has enabled children’s social workers to spend more time with children and their families and improving outcomes.
Headline Figures from Family Safeguarding:
- 27% reduction in Care Proceedings each month
- 19% reduction in Child Protection Plans
- 50% reduction in children becoming Looked After
- 37% reduction in the number of long term Child Protection Plans
What it’s like working in our teams
- We are a team who works closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to children & families.
- Managers at all levels are accessible and are located in the same office space, Team Managers and Assistant Team Managers sit with their teams.
- Colleagues support each other, there is a strong focus on shared problem solving.
- Getting quick access to domestic abuse, substance misuse and mental health professionals without the need for lengthy referral forms.
- Supervision is a priority, both case based and personal supervision occurs for each worker, each month.
- Recording methods are streamlined and ensure that time spent recording case records is reduced.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Child Protection, Child in Need, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings as part of an all age team.
- Strong focus on supporting practitioners keeping track of visits, reviews and other timescales in the use of the Children’s Information Tool [CIT].
- Supervision is a priority for all managers and practitioners.
- Each Family Safeguarding Team has a dedicated administration worker.
- Training and development is prioritised for every practitioner, there are opportunities to undertake post qualifying training such as Practice Educator qualifications and numerous in house CPD opportunities.
- Good access to high quality ICT systems enabling remote working from any location. This includes a lightweight convertible laptop and mobile phone.
The benefits you will experience...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including working remotely.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for...
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and reliable social worker who is passionate about promoting lasting change with children and their families. This includes being organised, resilient and confident that you can work with the most challenging service users to support them in achieving and maintaining positive change. We require a strong child focus and skills in engaging children in direct work at all ages.
Interviews date will be confirmed.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Alan Guest, Denise McKay or Karen Chalcraft, Team Managers, Family Safeguarding on 01344 352020.
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.