Post: Highways Engineer/Technician Ref: HTE
Salary up to £33,000 p.a
Actual salary will depend on the experience of the successful candidate
The Borough of Broxbourne is in south east Hertfordshire, with a population of 96,000. Being located so close to London and the M25, the Council has a wider impact on the whole area than you would usually expect for a District Council. The Council is leading and assisting with significant local and County-level regeneration projects
A Highways Engineer or Technician is sought to assist in the delivery of a wide range of highway and traffic initiatives. Depending on your level of experience, you will be involved in:
- Leading the process relating to Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO’s), parking places orders and disabled persons parking places orders.
- Participating in works associated with processing and supervision of vehicle crossover applications and works.
- Assisting with project work relating to highways, traffic and other infrastructure improvements.
- Assisting with the maintenance of public rights of way network.
- Assisting with the supervision of roads offered for adoption on new developments
- Drafting reports and providing technical advice to other departments
- Attending meetings, dealing with the public, handling enquiries and complaints
To apply for this post, you will need to demonstrate that you:
- Are full or part qualified Engineer or Technician
- Have experience in dealing with highways and traffic matters in a customer driven environment
- Have good organisational, time management and communication skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Have a current valid driving licence
This post allows the option to work flexibly – which may involve home, office or site working in accordance with the needs of the post and prevailing government guidelines.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential in this post.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by Sunday 8 August 2021 (quoting the above reference).
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org