About the Role
We are currently looking for a part time (15 hours) Waking Night Support Worker at our service Kent House in St Albans. You will be required to work weekends and bank hoildays on a 4 weekly rota.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Waking Night Support Worker is:
- To provide service users with advice, guidance and support during a shift and ensure you are proactive, responsive and welcoming.
- To be accessible to service users and assist them with their enquiries, concerns or request for advice and support.
- Wherever possible ensure that needs are identified and met, bringing to the attention of the line manager any un-met needs.
- To be adept to managing behaviour that challenges within the scheme and deal with incidents, accidents and complaints in a professional and effective way.
- To be supportive to other colleagues and participate in reflective practice as required.
If you have previously worked in a care setting or health and social care field and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people then this role could be perfect for you. We are looking for passionate people who are driven by the desire to make a difference and create a person-centred environment.
We are looking for people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults.
You must be able to:
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people
Kent House is a 20 bed supported housing project for homeless people, who have diverse needs and issues and require medium to high levels of support in order to maintain their tenancy, address their support needs and `move on` into appropriate accommodation.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service (pro rata for Part time employees)
- £9,564 pa for a15 hour week
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
How to Apply
To apply for this position please complete an online application form.
Closing date: Friday 23rd July 2021
Interviews: Friday 6th August 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search