Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: JG4:- £20,092 per annum
Location: Little Waves Community Nursery
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, term time only
Closing date: Friday 23 July 2021
Little Waves Community nursery is a 22 place neighbourhood nursery for children aged 0-4 years old based on the Windwhistle Primary School site. As part of South Weston Children Centre the nursery meets the needs of the children and their families of the Bournville, Coronation and Oldmixion areas of Weston-Super-Mare. The nursery is graded Outstanding by OFSTED.
The successful candidate will understand and value the importance of providing outstanding learning and care in a fun, safe environment, giving children a positive and successful start in life. They will need to be a strong team member who can demonstrate initiative, good organisational skills, support and motivate reflective practice. This exciting opportunity is in our two years + room, we are looking for an enthusiastic early years professional who has:
- Minimum level 3 relevant qualification in Early Years and care
- English and Maths at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent.
- Experience of working in an early years and childcare setting, in particular with two year olds
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to build relationships with families and foster caring relationships with children to support holistic development.
- Knowledge of the EYFS and Birth to Five matters, combined with a passion about children’s learning and understanding of child development
- Knowledge and understanding of both child protection and working inclusively with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
- An ability to develop and value learning environments to meet individuals needs and interests
- The capability to effectively plan to support children’s progress and meet both the needs and interests of key children.
We will offer you excellent opportunities for continuous professional development, the support of an aspirational and dedicated team and the opportunity to be a key part in the learning journeys of the wonderful children and families that attend, as well as the other benefits of working for North Somerset Council.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to relevant checks (DBS), two satisfactory references and qualifications check.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Lucy Thie, Nursery Manager on 01934 427450.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 29 July 2021