Salary: PO2 £38,883 - £41,850
Full time (36 hours per week) Permanent Position
Ending homelessness in Enfield
We are transforming our homelessness service to improve homelessness prevention, reduce temporary accommodation and end street homelessness. Our transformation plan contains:
A new Housing Advisory Service to deliver a range of services, including data-driven early intervention, community outreach, specialist practice teams and a street homelessness service
An ambitious new Preventing Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy 2020-2025
A new Allocations Policy to incentivise and reward PRS access and sustainment
A new ethical Lettings Company to reshape the local housing market
You will manage a team of Housing Coordinators in the Relief and Move-On Team. Housing Coordinators are responsible for providing proactive housing advice and HRA casework to households who are homeless and residing in temporary accommodation. A major focus for the team is to drastically reduce the number of households we have in temporary accommodation, you will be contributing to this reduction through successful move on options for our customers.
You must combine expert knowledge of welfare, housing and homelessness policy and legislation with the ability to manage a team of Housing Coordinators. You will ensure Housing Coordinators provide outstanding customer service and effective casework through performance management and casework supervision.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office-based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Sunday 1st August 2021
Interview date(s): TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Heather Teeling on 020 8132 0009 or Adam Stephenson on 0204 526 5221 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 3 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.