Salary: SO2 (£30,451 - £32,234)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Start date: September 2021
Closing date: 26 July 2021
“Education is Success”
An opportunity to work in the only non-private Academy in London that offers both International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes at KS5
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. The Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive mission and ethos. Our longstanding 1:1 device programme allows WA to thrive as both an onsite and remote learning environment. As a member of the collaborative WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of colleagues who are committed to continued professional growth and improvement of the student experience.
The Careers Lead takes responsibility and accountability for the delivery of our school’s programme of careers information, advice and guidance. The post holder will have the confidence and authority to lead colleagues and students, make decisions, and enact reforms to ensure that the Academy securely delivers the Gatsby Benchmarks.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic and hard-working.
- Experienced in leading careers and have a good level of knowledge relating to careers, further and higher education.
- Knowledgeable in CEIAG frameworks, including the Gatsby Benchmarks and how to meet and evidence these
- Careers Lead trained or willing to undertake Careers Lead training
- Able to share our belief that everyone can benefit from and has an entitlement to high quality educational opportunities
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- A commitment to staff well-being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events, Perkbox membership with associated benefits
- Great travel links
- A very supportive Senior Leadership Team
How to apply:
For further details and an application form, please click here: Vacancies
Please send your completed application form and confidential declaration to: firstname.lastname@example.org CVs are not acceptable.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.