Directorate: People and Communities
Starting salary: JM3:- £40,876 per annum
Location: Based in the Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare and Remotely from home
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 11 August 2021
Do you want to join a Local Authority who continually strives to improve services for children, young people and their families within North Somerset?
If so we are looking for a motivated and experienced Social Worker or Social Work Manager who will work as an Independent Reviewing Officer responsible for chairing statutory reviews for children and young people who are in care. You will have a key role for monitoring the effectiveness and implementation of plans. You will also chair Child Protection Conferences in line with current Local Safeguarding Children’s Board procedures.
North Somerset has embedded the Signs of Safety model into CP conferences and children in care reviews and the ISRO/CP chairs are experts in using this model to work with families and ensure children receive the best care plans.
You will need to have a sound knowledge of childcare legislation, safeguarding, inter-agency policies and procedures and current developments in children’s services. You will contribute to the development and quality assurance of service standards. You will require substantial experience of working with children in care and children who are subject to child protection plans, including complex legal proceedings.
In return we offer a supportive team environment; we are committed to continuous professional development and offer regular supervision and annual appraisal. We offer a range of employee benefits including:
- relocation package - Financial support up to the value of up to £8,000 may be available to help with relocation and removal expenses.
- generous holiday - 26 or 28 days annual leave increasing by five days after five years continuous service, eight statutory holidays and an extra day at Christmas.
- excellent local government pension scheme - Secure future income at a low cost to you, and we pay in too.
- positive ways of working (good management, regular supervision and low caseloads)
- first class training and development
- mobile working (access to iPads and laptops)
- family friendly policies and flexible working
- employee assistance programme (including access to free counselling)
- an employer committed to equality and diversity
- attractive area to live and work
- contribution to professional fees – we’ll contribute to your professional subscription
- cycle to work scheme – get a bike tax-free
- access to pool cars to use for meetings
- option to pay into a health cash plan that can help you manage the cost of dental treatment, eye tests, new glasses, etc.
- free car parking at council offices
- discounted travel on public transport and free business travel on public transport
- opportunity to join NSC advantage+ which will give you access to a range of benefits, discounts and offers
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Julie Bishop, Team Manager and LADO on 01275 888211.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 25 August 2021