Job Title: Senior Electoral Services Officer
Salary: £34,884 - £37,722 / Grade: PO2
Hours per Week: 36
Nature of Employment: Permanent
DBS Required: No
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
About the Team
We are looking for a well organised and experienced electoral administrator to support the Deputy Electoral Services Manager in the strategic planning, project management and operational delivery of electoral registration activities and the conduct of elections, playing a key role in the transformation service design to modernise the delivery of these services.
You will need a proven track record in electoral registration and elections using a project management approach and will have gained or be willing to work towards the AEA Certificate in Electoral Administration. You must be able to work flexibly, as during busy election periods you will be required to work a significant number of additional hours, including evenings and weekends.
- As an experienced electoral administrator you will provide highly competent administrative support to the service covering all aspects of its work including maintaining the register of electors, absent votes list and monthly alterations lists, organising and supporting data mining activity, meeting all statutory deadlines of the election timetable and many other aspects of our work including some outreach work to encourage elector registration and participation.
- In addition, you will assist in developing promotional strategies and public engagement events in order to encourage registration and participation
You will be a thorough and proactive individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, along with a good eye for detail. You must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to deliver high quality work within strict deadlines.
- The ability to understand electoral legislation and regulations
- Highly developed IT skills including knowledge of using Electoral Services software such as Xpress or equivalent.
- Knowledge of best practice and quality assurance in Electoral Services and the principles of customer care and other relevant quality standards.
- Ability to work under pressure during peak periods.
This is a politically restricted post.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 020 8583 2095
Closing date: 15 August 2021
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 16 September 2021